Tuesday 29 November 2022

My design wall this month (November/2022)

What a productive weekend.  I have been cleaning up a bunch of things quilting related.  Getting customer quilts done, with a Christmas deadline, cleaning up my sewing area and generally finishing up a lot of bits and pieces here at the house as well.  It is amazing how much can be done when you minimize all the distractions.  But really...what is life without the distractions....lol.

I took a few days off of writing post, but I have been catching up on pictures of things I've done that I couldn't post, as I didn't have pictures.  Well now I have them, so there are pending posts, ready for me to share, when I can.

There were so many that I got organized with, that I didn't know where to start.  So I am going to start with right now, right here, today with something I haven't done in a while.  I'll start off with my design wall this month.

What does my design wall look like today....well it doesn't look much different than it looked like last month or the month before....  I've been busy with all sorts of stuff, like customer quilts, renos, shop hopping with my mom, a quilting retreat, and some well needed down time with my family.  My own sewing took a back seat for a bit.


For the first time ever, I finally finished the hanging sleave for my November's wall hanging that goes in my sewing room (that is on the left hand side of the picture, just above my cutting table).  On my sewing table I have my panel for the quilted floor pillow I am making (more details about that one in a future post).

On my design wall, I have bits and pieces of inspiration all over, and I have five quilts in progress.  First, in the center is the 2021 Bonnie Hunter winter mystery quilt, at the bottom, underneath everything else.  Secondly, I have the Christmas fabric quilt using a disappearing nine-patch pattern on top of the Bonnie Hunter winter mystery quilt.  To the left on the design wall is the wool wall hanging I am working on borders for (this is hand appliqué).  On the right hand side, at the top, I have a scrappy square in a square quilt started, using my scrapes, and at the bottom of that is the Bonnie Hunter Bit Coin quilt, using my 1 1/2" scrap strips.

There are a few other bits and pieces on there, but I am hoping they go unnoticed...lol.  Face it, I have a lot of stuff on the go. I am trying to reduce the list, but no sooner do I finish one, I add two...lol.  I can't seem to stop myself.  I just want to try it all......

I am sure I am not the only one that does this, so don't judge me to harshly.  It is just how I roll.

Anyways, have a great night everyone!  Take care and don't forget to take some time for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment