Friday 18 November 2022

Great-grandmother square

So, I decided to make one more post before I go away and schedule it for the morning that I leave.  I promise this one will be shorter...lol.

Back in time to May 18/2020:

This is of a small great-grandmother block quilt.  I had many 1 1/2" squares or strips of fabrics that were older, but not as old as the 30s-40s fabric.  I believe these fabrics date back to the '80s.  They were so pretty and deserved to be in a quilt together.  I guess depending on your definition, this could be classified as a mini quilt.


This was hanging on my wall in my longarm room.  I enjoyed it while I had it.  I made this quilt as a NICU quilt and it was always intended to go to Project Linus.  I just waited a few months to give it to them.

Prior to finishing it in May/2020, I started it in April/2020.  Here is a picture of the top finished, prior to being quilted.


This is a closer view to see the different fabrics used.  I really like the white background that helps display the fabrics and let them shine.


Here is a sample of a single block.  As you can see the pieces are on point and the white is trimmed to make the block square, before you sew it into rows.


Again, have yourself a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment