Sunday 13 November 2022

Joyce's 2nd Oriental inspired fabric quilt (QW)

As the theme for the last couple of posts has been Joyce, I thought I would continue for this post as well.  Back in time to May/2020, just after I got my longarm working again, this was the the next quilt I quilted.

I really like this quilt and the colour combination.  Joyce used a few oriental inspired focal fabrics and pulled in some coordinating accent colours.  I like how she was able to throw in the blue that spices up the whole thing.  I like this quilt pattern so much, I got the pattern to make it later.


I added this next picture so that you can see the colours a bit better.  The quilt lays on my longarm polls waiting to be quilted.  This also helps loosen up any wrinkles from being in a bag for a bit.


This was one of the focal fabrics that inspired the pinks and reds in the quilt, and likely the green.  There is another block (no closeup), where she would have pulled the blue colour.  It's in the picture above, on the right hand side, the block is similar to the one below, from where she would have pulled the blue.  I am loving these large scale floral fabrics.


There was this third focal fabric.  From this fabric I am guessing she pulled the black and the yellowish cream colour.  I like how she incorporated four different floral focal fabrics that all have the same theme going on, but are still different.  She used a few coordinating fabrics and the rest were blenders.  As a whole this quilt is beautiful.  I hope I can get the same overall affect in the one I plan on making.


Today I am off to an engagement party for one of my nieces, so not likely to get any sewing done, but I will be dreaming of the quilt that I started yesturday, after I finished quilting a customer quilt.  I started a quilt that was inspired by the quilt in yesterday's post....

Enjoy your day today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment