Monday 7 November 2022

Karen's colour wash quilt (QW)

The Go buses went on strike today, so after work I had to drive 25 mins to Guelph to pick up my daughter from university.  Once I got home and had dinner, I headed down to my sewing room.  I've been cleaning things in the sewing room today, trying to sort and organize.  I got the next quilt for Quilts for Survivors loaded on the longarm ready to go when I have some time.  My shipment of threads finally came in and so I put those away as well.  I just love coloured threads.  I also set up my wool wall hanging borders with the flowers and leaves to stitch down by hand.

No pictures of what I have been working on today, so I will take you back to Mar 14/2020:

I had a new customer call me looking to get a quilt quilted.  From what I understood, this was her first quilt.  Karen saw a picture in a quilting magazine (seen below) and just had to make it.  So over time, she collected different colours of fabric to make this quilt, as close to the original as possible.  

I kept a picture of the magazine quilt as I may want to make a scrappy version of this quilt.  It looks simple enough to make and would be versatile to convert the size as well. 


I think she did a great job and really, you wouldn't know that this is her first quilt. She did a great job of piecing it too.

I quilted this quilt with a pantograph pattern called Whisper from Urban Elementz.  It turned out beautiful.

Interesting facts: At this time back in March/2020, covid-19 is getting ready to take the world by storm.  No matter who you are, everyone in some way has been affected by this and life as we knew it is not likely to return.  As people are currently saying, this is our new normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment