Friday 30 June 2017

Xmas/Solstice star quilt half way completed

A great big hurray!!!  A little while ago, I finished all of these blocks for the Xmas/Solstice star quilt.  These are the star potion and make up half the blocks needed to complete the quilt.


Now I need to work on the alternating blocks.  They are a bit more complicated.  I have various parts done, but still some more to go.  I will add the parts to the leader/ender tray, but again I first have to wait to finish up the stuff for the show.  Maybe this long weekend I can slip in some time to just sew.


Non quilt related.  I will leave you with a picture of a piece in my garden.  I've had this little girl for many years.  The basket is so small though, maybe 5", that nothing would stay alive for long.  Well, I finally found the answer.  Not only did this chick & hen plant live, but it also survived over the winter, as is being left outdoors. This year it even started making babies.  How cute is that?

I hope everyone enjoys their long weekend.  Happy Canada day!!!  Keep safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment