Tuesday 6 June 2017

Cross-stitch sampler

Last week, I had a bit of a distraction.  My daughter and I were sitting in my quilting room one night after dinner.  It was my night off of doggy duty and I was just sitting there, contemplating what I was going to do that evening.

My daughter didn't want to do her doggy duty alone, so she thought she would keep me company.  She brought her cross-stitch to work on.  She asked me how much I had to do on my oldest cross-stitch, but I rightfully could not answer her.  It had been a while since I looked at it.  I felt that I had about half way still left to go, so I told her to pull it out, as it was right there on the shelf in front of her.

Well, one thing lead to another, and in the end, I started up again working on my cross-stitch.  We cross-stitched together chatting away, until we both looked up and noticed it was past 11:00 pm.  Wow, time flew by.  Past our usual bedtime.

I did have approx. half the cross-stitch completed.  Here is the upper right hand corner.  I only have the French knot to put in for the birds eye.


I did have the numbers done, until I realized I used the wrong colour.  So out it came and I finished them again, this time using the right colours.  I have been getting distracted this past week with this cross-stitch and I blame it all on my daughter (jokingly of coarse).  It is on my main list of to do, so that is a good thing.  It's nice to see some progress happening on this one.


Now I am working on the vine that goes around the border.  I have a bit left to outline, and I will be able to move the frame down to the last third of the cross-stitch.  I did quite a bit in the last few days and I am still liking it.  I do enjoy doing hand work.  It's relaxing.


I may be putting this away soon, as I have other things I want to concentrate on, but it was nice seeing it advance some.

No comments:

Post a Comment