Saturday 10 June 2017

Inspiration from Henhouse blog, using vintage embroidery (QW)

If you get a chance, go check out the blog by Henhouse (henhousehomemade.blogspot.com).  She has a lot of different things to look at, but myself I have been drawn to all of her crazy blocks using vintage embroidery pieces from table cloths, pillow cases, handkerchiefs or anything else that may have embroidery.

She is using a lot of vintage fabrics too.  You have to go check it out.  They are all gorgeous.


I only saved this one picture from Pinterest, where she is starting to do the hand quilting on the quilt.  I am saving this so I can find her site again later, if my favourites get lost.

I think I am now on the lookout for vintage embroidery.  Sometimes you can get them cheap, when the embroidery is on a piece of linen that has holes in it or stains.  I will have to keep my eyes open.

No comments:

Post a Comment