Sunday 18 June 2017

New addition to my fleet

Yesturday morning my husband and I set out for a trip to pick up my refurbished treadle machine that belonged initially to my Great-grandmother, before it was handed down to my grandmother, and on to my mother, and finally down to me.  I had them clean it up and refinish the cabinet, as it was showing more than the usual wear.  Now it is sitting proudly in my livingroom.

While we were there I also test drove a Singers 201K Blue eye. As you can see from the picture below.  It came home with me.  This babe runs so smoothly with a gentle quiet hum, and the stitches are so, so beautiful.  This machine was considered the Cadillac model of machines in that time period, and still very sought after now, by anyone who knows machines.

The machine came with all the original parts and the manual, which are all still in good condition.  What's great about is machine too, is that it takes regular needles that you can still get and the regular class 66 bobbins, again that you can still get.


I've set the machine in my cabinet and even made myself a matching insert to surround the machine on two sides for an extended flat surface.  It almost looks like I bought my cabinet this way.  Now I only have to seal the surface with a wax finish to match my cabinet.

I am so excited to get some real sewing done on this babe.  After the pictures were taken, I took some time to mark my quarter inch seam with a guide, and sewed a couple of test squares.  She is ready to go!


I thought I would end the post with a picture of a pretty peony from my garden.  This is the first for my garden since I moved here five years ago.  I love the pink colour.


The back side of the flower is deeper and lightens as you go into the centre where it is the pales pink with a ting of yellow.  This year I have one singular flower from a total of three plants.  The other two plants are magenta and white.  With this one flower we have hope that the others we eventually bloom too.

Enjoy your weekend everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment