Friday 9 June 2017

Finished the last purple star blocks

I have been working some more on the purple stars quilt.  Below are the last of the blocks I needed to assemble.  I think I mentioned it already in a previous post, but I will mention it here as well.  I have the first two rows of this quilt assembled too.


As you can see, I attached the right hand side sashing and the bottom with the green cornerstone.  All the blocks are at this stage and only need to be attached to each other.  This is sometimes where I stall.  Not because I'm not excited to have the top done, but because I am also sad that this project is coming to an end.  I know that sounds weird, but I feel both emotions at the same time.


Eventually the excitement will win out, I am finding all sorts of excuses not to work on this, or at least work on it only a little at a time.


One of my excuses was working on my Canadian Northwind quilt and another was the monkey wrench blocks sitting beside my machine, waiting to be leader/enders.  There is also the brown bear paws claws that are also sitting beside my machine, and the list goes one.


Aren't these little 5" monkey wrench blocks cute.  I put them on my design wall with the others and noted how different they all are.  I am liking them.

I will have to stop with my distractions soon though, if I want to have this quilt done in time for the upcoming quilt show.

No comments:

Post a Comment