Sunday 1 June 2014

Woke up early today to get some me time in

Woke up early today to get some me time in.  I just couldn't go another day without getting some machine time in.  Spent the whole night at the hospital last night, when I got home needed to get some sleep, and woke up at noon.  It was such a beautiful day out that I thought to get in the garden to finish planting all the fortyish pots that I had left.  As of today I now have about ten left.  What do you think?  This is the view of one new garden I put in to create a winding path on the right hand side. It will divide the sitting area on the side of the house from the rest of the back yard.  I think it will look nice once the tree and bushes grow to fill in.  The bush in the front will get 10' tale by 6' wide, which will help to enclose the space and hide the rain water barrel.  We also put the trampoline up for the kids yesturday.  It is temporarily in the spot that I am thinking of putting a gazebo.


This is the view from the other side.  The bricks forming a dotted line on the left is where I will be putting a trellis.  


So, now that I have decided to spend some time in my quilt room today, guess what I am working on?


Yes, more spider web wedges.  This is the point that quilters get distracted and tend to put things aside to start something new or just do something else.  I am so done with these wedges, but I am more determined to get them done.  I have 26 left to do out of the 48 that I needed to finish.


I will persevere!!  I will not work on anything else until I have at least finished the wedges.  I just need to get these done, otherwise they will go away and will not come back out for a looonnnnggg  time.  I can't have that!  My mantra today is finish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment