Monday 23 June 2014

Last two appliqué blocks left to do

This weekend past, I did some tidying up around the house here and there, as well as my quilt room.  You know, when the creative juices are flowing the room can get pretty messy with piles here for one idea or protect and piles there for stuff to sort from a project complete.  Bits and pieces everywhere, until you come to a point that you just can't function anymore without having to make some room somewhere.  Well I felt I had come to that point.

That was when I decided to put things away and straighten up.  I set up the last two appliqué blocks for my flower garden quilt with the fabrics I am going to use.  The picture below shows what I am going to use.  I put those aside to make two kits for the two fairy pillows I am going to make and put those aside as well.  I finished the sewing of all the wedges of the spider webs and put them on the design wall to be assembled later.


After making up the kits I finished ironing the pieces that I had washed and organized them.  If the pieces were large enough, I  folded them for the fat quarter drawer.  I also cut up some of the fabrics into bow tie block pieces for my leader/enders.

Needless to say I can see surfaces now on my sawing machine table, cutting board, treadle, surrounding tables and the floor.  Now I don't feel so claustrophobic.  

I even got some time in to start assembling the spider web quilt.  Rows one and two are assembled into rows and row three is halfway there.  I am see some real progress.  I just had to put away the little projects and stuff that I am not currently working on, so that I can focus again on one thing at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment