Monday 16 April 2018

Still plugging away on my Farmer's Wife quilt

So......after a bit of coaxing.....that is me hyping myself up to continue with the Farmer's Wife quilt, I managed to get some more scrappy blocks done.  I trim them to size and cut them on a diagonal in order to make the corner units of the blocks.  

By this time I am slowly getting into making the strip blocks and the variety of the scraps.  I take a break for lunch, and after sit there evaluating the design board.  I am still not sold on the whole look of the quilt at this point, but I am not ready to abandon the quilt yet.  I tell myself that maybe if I just put the border sashing around the block, it might look better, or at least look more contained.


It did do something to improve the block, but I am still not sure.......  I keep flip flopping back and forth, I don't like it or it's ok.....back and forth.  I stuck with it long enough to complete a row, plus some bits and pieces to do other blocks.


So here it stands.  Now I am really on the fence with this one.  I don't really like it, but I also don't hate it.  I am so indecisive.  I'd hate for this amount of work to go to waste.

I am going to have to cut some more strips if I am to continue, so for now, I am filling the time with other miscellaneous quilty things, like binding.

No comments:

Post a Comment