Saturday 21 April 2018

More progress on the Farmer's Wife quilt

The last time I wrote about this quilt was on the 16th.  We are now five days later and I am seeing some progress.  At that time I basically only had the one row completed.  Since, I've made up a bunch of the scrappy strips units that make up the corners of the main blocks.  Kind of creating a frame around each one.

Slowly but surely, the white of the design wall is disappearing.  I counted them last night while I sat there taking stock of my progress and found out that I only need to make 32 more scrappy squares.  Each scrappy square starts with a 5 1/2" square foundation that once complete, gets cut down the middle horizontally through the middle strip.


I am really getting there!  I feel there is a real chance of me having this done for the end of the month, or at least the top done.  This quilt is part of the American Patchwork & Quilting UFO challenge.  If I get this top done, that would be a 50% success rate.  If I were talking to my children about their school marks, that would not be good at all, but since this is only quilting, I am giving myself a break. Lol.  Even the other 50% saw some progress, so I am happy.

Today I am off to a quilt workshop with folks from my Guild.  It's an all day thing.  Looking forward to it.  Not like I need to make yet another quilt, but hey........  A least this one looks easy and I am using up my stash.  I'll post about it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment