Monday 2 April 2018

March's BOM from Whirls 'n Swirls are done

Here we are in April and I realized I haven't posted my finished blocks for March's BOM.  This is the 3rd of twelve blocks we are making to learn different techniques for longarm quilting.  There are three different methods/ways to quilt them.  

This first block will be for the modern method of quilting.


This second block will be for the freehand method.


And this last block will be for the traditional way of quilting.


I was going to do the quilting as a quilt-as-you-go method.  When they are all done I was going to put them together into a quilt.  Unfortunately, I've only been able to keep up with making the blocks and haven't had time to load them to my machine to practice stitching them.

I do want to practice them on junk fabric first though too, before I commit the designs to the actual blocks.  I don't fancy messing them up or ripping them out.  I'm a little fickle that way......lol

No comments:

Post a Comment