Wednesday 4 April 2018

Quilting raindrops on a customer quilt

This is a client's quilt.  It's call a hopscotch quilt.  This is the first time I've heard this name.  Looks like it could be a real scrap user quilt.  I might try and figure out the pattern and use it in the future, as it doesn't look to difficult, but done up in a colour scheme looks good.  In this case my client used multiple blacks and greys with highlights of yellow.  It's very nice.


She decided on the raindrop pantograph which comes from Urban Elementz.  It has soft curves and is gender neutral.  The recipient of this quilt is male.  


Above is a close up of the quilting.  I chose a charcoal/silver coloured thread which helps blend in with most of the fabric colours and shows up a bit more on the borders.  I chose this thread, as I didn't want to distract from the quilt pattern.  The quilting in this case is just there to add some texture to the quilt and not take the spotlight.


Here is the backing.  It is the silver/grey Northcott backing fabric.  The thread is not seen as it blends so well.  I just bought this fabric in a rust colour for my brown bear paw quilt.  Please note the picture above does not do justice to the fabric.  There is more texture than can be seen in the picture.

It turned out nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment