Wednesday 18 April 2018

A couple of NICU quilts

Last month at the Guild meeting, I picked up a full freezer bag of blue miscellaneous blocks and pieces of 2 1/2" squares for $5.00.  The large size freezer bag was really packed in.  I sorted out the bag with different piles of blocks and took stock of what I had.

One pile contained four blocks with nine squares in the centre using light blues, surrounded by dark blue squares, making each square 10" finished.  I put them together in a four patch layout and added a border to make a NICU quilt.  These sizes are great for practicing.  In this case the size of the blocks are also great for any number of grid patterns/designs.  It's a simple quilt, but doesn't look too bad.
  

In another pile I had strips of three across squares sewn together.  This pile also had different colours and single stirps of squares too.  I had enough to make another NICU quilt.  I guess I am going to be practicing different grid patterns/designs.  I don't mind, because I like the neatness of grid designs.


I still have a large pile of blocks and squares.  I will have to get busy.  I wonder just how many quilts I will get out of this bag?  I enjoy playing with other people's scraps and helping them finish up their UFOs. 

It's funny how at is, as I do not have a lack of my own UFOs, but I get more excited working on other people's UFOs instead....lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment