Monday 9 April 2018

My brown bear quilt

The push was on, I was still determined to get this done by the end of the month, of March. I managed to get all the rows done, all the sashing, plus the first two borders.  I couldn't do anymore as I didn't have anything for the last border.

By now I am cutting it down to the wire. The last day of March is Saturday, yay!  My thoughts were that I could still manage to do it.  I just have to wake up and run to the quilt store for when it opens, find my border, take it home, wash it, cut it and attach it.  


Well, here it is.  My finished top.  I did wake up and run to the quilt store for when it opens, find my border, take it home, wash it, cut it and I even attached the three sides, before I was interrupted with other "have to do stuff".  So, in the end, even with my push I didn't quite make it, but.....that weekend I did put the last border on.  Now it sits in line to be quilted.


The last border took me a bit longer to attach, because of these extra pieces in the corner.  I wanted to do something more than just plain borders.  It wasn't too bad though.  Just had to do some calculations and remember to add in the seam allowance before I cut.


Here is a picture of my four legged baby, Maddie.  As I sat there looking at her standing on my quilt, I wondered if she might have been my unconscious inspiration for the orange tone sashing and overall feel of the blocks.  Isn't she pretty?

No comments:

Post a Comment