Saturday 2 January 2016

Happy New Years (January/2016)

HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!  Hard to believe we are already in 2016.  

I've been preparing for it, to start another year.  You know, like what everyone does, thinking about New Years resolutions and setting new goals.  I have the usual resolutions of eating healthier, doing more exercises, losing weight, etc., and I have my quilty ones like finishing off quilts.

Here is a picture of my design wall now.  I have decided that my design wall will be limited to only the quilts on my list.  My two main quilts to assemble will start off with the midnight flight runway quilt and the paper piece pineapple quilt.


This year I chose my top twelve quilts that I want to see completed.  Some are for others, but many more are mine.  Last year I didn't get much of my own stuff done, mostly they were commissioned quilts or gifts for family and charities.  This year I plan to see more of my own done.  I need to bring my list back down to something more manageable.  

I still want to make them all.  I just need to concentrate more on specific quilts and tasks. I went through my list and this is what I chose.

From the quilting section:
1. Flo's hexagon quilt (commissioned)
2. Michelle's midnight flight quilt (family)
3. Lise's hexagon quilt (family)
4. Navy blue & cream quilt (my own)

From the assemble section:
5. Main work - Midnight flight runway quilt (charity)
6. Main work - Jean material quilt (charity)
7. Main work - Spools quilt (my own)
8. Main work - Mel's romance & roses quilt (family)
9. Handwork - Lise's Dresden plate quilt (family)
10. Handwork - Machine wall hanging (my own)
11. Leader/Ender - 16-patch pinwheel quilt (my own)
12. Prep work - Reconstructed Dresden plate quilt (my own)
13. Paper piece - Pineapple quilt (my own)

As you can see by the list above, I don't seem to be able to count.  As a last minute decision I added in the commissioned quilt, as it too needs to be done.  I got to thinking that as well as those above, I also have a number of quilts that are complete and just waiting for me to tack down the binding by hand. So.....these are also being added to the list

To be binded: 
14. Sabryna's 16-patch pinwheel quilt (family)
15. Log cabin quilt (my own)
16. Crazy quilt (charity)
17. Scrappy stripes quilt (charity)
18. Small wonders quilt (charity)

In the end, my top 12 list turned into a list of 18. That is how it goes....

I am wishing everyone a very happy and healthy New Years!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment