Wednesday 20 January 2016

Almost finished the Midnight flight runway quilt

I am almost finished the Midnight flight runway quilt.  I completed the centre.  All the rows are done and assembled.  I have all three borders cut out and the middle one pieced already.  Now I just have to find time to sew them on.  

I chose a nice butterfly fabric for the backing.  It was a donation from the spouse of one of our bee members, who passed away.  The fabric colours are the same as the top.  The quilt width though is larger than the top, so I am figuring out what to piece with it to make it larger.  I still have some border fabrics that I can make stripes down the centre, with some left over pieces from the centre of the top.  That may look nice.  It will definitely coordinate.


While working on these rows, I managed to assemble nine sixteen patch blocks.  They are really starting to pile up.  I only have two small bundles in my leader/ender container beside the sewing machine.  After they are are done I will work on the pinwheel parts of the sixteen patch pinwheel quilt.  This one is coming together with minimal effort.

I am still optimistic about getting things done this year, but I have to say it is going much slower than I am used to.  I just have to be patient.  Things ARE moving along.

No comments:

Post a Comment