Thursday 7 January 2016

Working on the side pieces of pineapple blocks

Today was my late day at work.  I had a couple of hours to myself after the kids were gone to school.  Well.....almost to myself.  Can't forget the new puppy.  Maddie is trying to settle in.  She gets frustrated with her people who are sending her mixed messages when it comes to commands, but otherwise she is very patient with us.

She had some energetic play time with throwing the ball and generally romping around.  After that I had about an hour and a half of quilting time while she slept, to build up her energy again.  During this time I stitched up some side pieces for the pineapple quilt.  I managed to get two corner pieces done and two and a half pieces of the sides.


This quilt is going to be set on point, so the side pieces are the fillers.  Don't know if you recall the design wall picture from my previous post a few days past, so I included it here again.


The pineapple quilt on the top right hand side, mainly has full blocks, one corner, plus some top and side pieces.  Now I am working on filling in all the edges.  I haven't trimmed the pieces yet or even removed the paper, but that is all the time the puppy would allow for me to play with my quilting.

Eventually, when the puppy gets more settle, I will be able to do more.  Until that time, I will steal all the little bits of time I can to have my own play.

No comments:

Post a Comment