Thursday 28 January 2016

More sixteen patches and quilting inspiration

I did another four sixteen patch blocks, while putting on the borders of the Midnight flight runway quilt.  That quilt is done for now.  I will share it with you on my next post.  For now it will wait in line until I am able to quilt it.  Sorry about the quality of the pictures. They were all taken at night when the light quality is just not good.


I thought I would share with you a bit of a funny.  I took a break when I went to being my daughter to work.  When I got back I thought to myself, this is a good time for a tea break.  The funny was while I was just standing there waiting for the water to boil, I actually took notice of my mugs.

I've had these mugs since before Christmas, but never really noticed them.  When I say noticed them, I am referring to the design on them.  They have a Moroccan type look to them, I think.  But what I really noticed was the fact that these designs would make great quilting designs.


I figured I'd keep theses pictures for future possibility.  I can trace them out and alter the designs to make them more machine quilting friendly.


It is neat how you can find inspiration in just about everything.  From mugs, flooring, old architecture.  You just have to have your eyes open.  I guess now that puppy is sleeping through to at least 5:00 am, I am getting a bit more sleep and had my "eyes open".  Before this time I am surprised I was able to function.

Things are starting settle a little, so I am able to find some bits of time to work on my quilting.  I have  a bunch of quilts only needing binding and a few more added to the bunch I had to do the quilting, so I should have some finishes to report shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment