Saturday 1 November 2014

Little carry bag for my iPad and needlework tin

Last Thursday morning before meeting the ladies for our day trip to The Quilting Bee, I had a few hours after seeing my son off for school.  I took advantage of the time by making a little carry bag for my iPad and needlework tin that I carry with me for when I have time to do things.  On Thursday morning I managed to get the bag section done.  See the picture below.

The fabric was a few small pieces that I picked up from my friend Carol in her at home store, while picking up the white fabric I initially went to get.  I have to make a point of not going too often as I tend to walk out with more than I was supposed to get.  Not that I am complaining this time because look what I get out of it.


I ran out of time and material to finish the bag.  I didn't have any more black to do the handles.  Guess what I got from The Quilting Bee when we went. Yes, amongst other fabric for my niece I also got the black.

Today was very productive.  I cut all my black fat quarters, of which there were eighteen different fabric designs.  As I was making another pattern with blacks and beiges I cut those pieces first so that I could use the left overs from that pattern for the red and black quilt I am making for my nieces, in order to have the variety.  I also cut out all the different black fabrics for my nieces quilt (seventy-one blocks) and one each for my bow tie quilt.  All the black is now gone.  The few pieces that were left went into my 1 1/2" strip drawer.

After the black I cut out all the creams and beiges that I need for that other quilt to go with the black pieces.  That quilt is completely cut up and ready to sew whenever I can get to it. 

My daughter was helping me with all this by sorting the fabrics and making sure I didn't miss anything pieces.  My son was away at a friend's birthday party all day.  As it was just my daughter and I here, we ordered a pizza and had a girl's movie night.  Chick flick it was with The Bodyguard. 

When I got back from picking up my son this evening I went into my quilt room to make sure everything was picked up.  But I got distracted and started cutting the solid black fabric that I got for the handles of the carry bag, and you know that I couldn't just stop there.  I had to sew them too.


It is now past eleven in the evening, I am trying to get my post in for today and saying to myself, enough.  I am now off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment