Thursday 27 November 2014

Finding my quilting room

Let me just say again, WOW!!!  It has been a crazy week!

Today I finally got a chance to get into my quilting room.  What a mess.  Sometimes it ends up being the dumping ground for things to take care of later.  So, today I spent time trying to find some surfaces.  I washed and ironed my yellows that I am thinking of using for the P.S. Don't forget to... pillow. Ironed all the blocks for it too.  They are sitting in the basket on my cutting table, waiting for me to have some time to assemble the pillow.

I washed and ironed all the light fabric that I picked up from my mom's last week.  They are ready to be cut.  I also started ironing the small bits of fabrics for the hexagons.  Slowly I am starting to see my cutting board and the ironing board.  I don't dare show you the table behind me.  Piles of stuff to deal with, but hey, it will get done.....eventually.


This evening I did do some more ironing of the bits and pieces for the hexagons.  There is a very nice variety of fabrics and many will have enough to do a floret with all the same fabric for their petals.  My quilt will only have fifty florets.  So far I have about thirty different fabrics with enough to make the floret, but I can see there are more that I haven't ironed yet that I will be able to use.

Looking forward to Friday after work. I need to recover from the hectic week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment