Monday 17 November 2014

Progress on Mom's redwork quilt

When I was at my parent's house for dinner on Saturday, I remembered that my mom had mentioned to me some time last week that she finished her centre of her redwork quilt.  I took a picture to share with everyone.  It is turning out beautiful.  She had to finish the centre to make sure of the size before she could trace out the redwork pattern on the large border.

My mom had some red fabric and I shared some of my reds with her to give her some variety.  I think it is the variety of the reds that makes the star almost look like it is vibrating.  Mom also decided to use many different reds for the redwork flowers.  It really is pretty.


Yesturday, outside of the morning, I was quilting the Hexagon quilt.  I finished a full corner of the quilt and I am starting up the last round of one of the sides of the quilt.  This quilt is going to have an envelope style finish to retain the shape of the hexagons along the edge, so I am quilting everything except the very last hexie row.  Once I cut the batting and backing to finish off the edges I can go back and finish this last row.

I am getting there.  Slowly but surely.

No comments:

Post a Comment