Saturday 29 November 2014

Prepping for my grab and go tin

Yesturday I was still cleaning up the quilt room.  I finally finished ironing and sorting the scrappy fabrics for the hexagons.  Today after bringing my son to his hockey game, I cut up some of the vintage fabrics that I had here to increase the variety of scraps.


This afternoon after running out to get some bristle board for my son to do his project, I got started on cutting the rest of the yellow, I cut all the purple and a lot of white.  These three colours are the consistent parts of the quilt.  The rest is scrappy. 


So now I have some of the scrappy hexagons cut and ready to start with the florets.  I need fifty florets to complete the perimeter of the quilt inner border.  In the tin I have ten different fabrics to start with, but in the picture up top you can see that I will have at least another thirty, if not more.  There are still many diamonds to disassemble.  When I get to them I will build my stash of variety.  I need six hexagons of the same type of fabric to make one floret.  


I am quitting with the hexagons for today.  I have a lot to work with.  When I start to run short I can always cut more.  I now have my grab and go tin ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment