Tuesday 11 November 2014

More progress on the quilting

I don't have a picture to share with you today because it was all quilting on the hexagon quilt.  I had the day off today. So, today I had a full day of uninterrupted quilting time.  The only interruption was my own stomach growling, telling me it was past lunch time.

Today was also a time for all day Bonnie Hunter Quilt Cam.  Quilt Cams are online video sessions where Bonnie will assemble blocks or quilts.  They are each about 90 minutes long.  I do quilting or sewing while listening to Quilt Cam.  You don't need to actually watch it, you basically listen and from time to time look up to see a picture that Bonnie is showing.

How it goes is Bonnie sets up her camera in her basement studio and spends time with you talking about this or that while sewing and answering questions that people email her during the show/session.  People will ask her stuff like, what is she working on, how do you do this or that, what is her opinion on a particular something, when is she going to be doing a class in their neighbourhood and other stuff like that.  It is a time that she squeezes that extra time out of her day to do her own quilt stuff, but with company.

When I have Bonnie on, it is like having a friend sewing right along with me.  It's informative too.  I usually don't catch her when she is live like a lot of other people do, but what's great is that now all the sessions are archived.  On her site she has sessions from as far back as March 2013 to now.

While I was watching today, session after session, I was quilting the hexagons.  I managed to get 48 florets done today.  I thought that was amazing, the most I have done thus far in one day.  Another whole round.  I am at 60% of the way done now.  I only have one round of 56 florets left to do to reach the sides of the quilt.  From there it will be one side at a time, either the top or the bottom.

Now I am taking some time with my son to write this post and read some.  Enjoy your evening everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment