Tuesday 18 April 2017

Taking some time to tack down the binding on my flower garden quilt

I have a self imposed deadline, to finish the binding of my flower garden quilt for the next guild meeting.  That is exactly one week from today.

Last week I made the binding and sewed it on the quilt.  A few days ago, I took some time to tack down the binding to try and finish it off.  I got two sides done, so I am getting there.


Sometime, before I started making the border, it dawned on me that, we quilter's advocate putting labels on your quilts.  Up to this point, the only two quilts I have with labels are the two that I entered into a show (I am proud to say, that the one quilt got an honourable mention and the second quilt won second place in first time entry into a quilt show).

The ratio of quilt with or without labels was not good.  I, as usual, being hard on myself, thought that this was bad on my part.  I do like my quilts and would like to record the history of the quilt, for future generations, or at least the ones that will make it to the future.  

So....I pulled out my list from previous years (one per year), that summed up what I did for the year.  I sat at the computer and drafted up a basic quilt label.  I know people can get really fancy with their labels, but I prefer going with simple.


I typed up each label with as much information as I could remember, with the help of my list.  I don't recall the exact amount I have, but I think it is just over ten.  As time allows I will embroider them all up and attach them to my quilts.  Last week I also started doing the label for my flower garden quilt.

I don't know why I didn't do this earlier, but later is still better than never.

No comments:

Post a Comment