Thursday 27 April 2017

Finished the small pumpkin wall hanging

I have a finish for April.  This one counts for my top 12 list for 2017.  So far I am up to date.  This month I barely made it, but luckily I had a small project on my list.  This is the first of my small seasonal wall hangings.


Here is a close up after quilting it simply in the ditch on the machine I decided to do primitive large hand quilted stitches to give e pumpkins some detail.  I like it.  I think it looks cute!


For the month of May, I intend to have quilt #1 done.  The quilting is going well.  I only have approx. a quarter of the centre block designs to do and the three borders.

May does bring on more work with cleaning out the gardens here and at my mom's, as well as doing more renos, again here and at my mom's, but I have to find some time for me too, so that I can quilt.  It's my sanity break.

**Progress on my top 12 list for 2017**  
1. Quilting-Lise's Dresden plate quilt (commissioned)....quilting in progress
2. Quilting-Sabryna's yellow nine patch quilt (family)....
4. Main work-Mel's romance & roses quilt (family)....
9. Main work-Purple star quilt (my own)....sewing up the blocks 
10. Main work-Grey, black & bright quilt (charity)....
5. Handwork-Reconstructed Dresden plate quilt (my own)....8 blocks to appliqué
6. Paper pieces-Xmas pineapple blossom quilt (my own)....
8. Leader/ender-Bonnie's mystery quilt (my own)....moving along nicely

Total number of quilts completed - 4
Total number of quilts left to be completed - 8

Completed quilts:
3. Spools quilt (my own)
12. Purple & blue squares quilt from Carol (charity)
11. Log cabin quilt from Sharon (charity) 
7. Mini pumpkin wall hanging (my own)

No comments:

Post a Comment