Wednesday 5 April 2017

One more Dresden plate block completed

I am making progress on my list of top 12 priority quilts.  Slowly but surely.  The rest of the stuff on the list, outside of the quilting, will take me a while to finish up.

I finished another Dresden plate.  Now I have 8 more to go and I have half of one already started.  I am liking these blocks.  These Dresden plates are different than what I have seen.  Most of the Dresden plate blocks have a coloured circle in the centre.  These blocks don't and the centre is much larger than the usual Dresden plates.


As I look at my list below, I note that this is my last bit of handwork for this year.  I don't kid myself though, as I have many more on my main list.  But I am not complaining.  I like spending some time doing handwork.  It calms me.  They are usually great for taking on the road too.  You can do them just about anywhere, with a bit of preparation.

I think everyone should try it.


**Progress on my top 12 list for 2017**   
1. Quilting-Lise's Dresden plate quilt (commissioned)....quilting in progress
2. Quilting-Sabryna's yellow nine patch quilt (family)....
7. Quilting-Mini pumpkin wall hanging (my own)....
4. Main work-Mel's romance & roses quilt (family)....
9. Main work-Purple star quilt (my own)....sewing up the blocks 
10. Main work-Grey, black & bright quilt (charity)....
5. Handwork-Reconstructed Dresden plate quilt (my own)....8 full blocks left to appliqué
6. Paper pieces-Xmas pineapple blossom quilt (my own)....
8. Leader/ender-Bonnie's mystery quilt (my own)....moving along nicely

Total number of quilts completed - 3
Total number of quilts left to be completed - 9

Completed quilts:
3. Spools quilt (my own)
12. Purple & blue squares quilt from Carol (charity)
11. Log cabin quilt from Sharon (charity) 

No comments:

Post a Comment