Saturday 29 April 2017

Aunt Bea's Parlor, Flower basket #2

I bought this pattern a while back.  After I finished the embroidery blocks from my flower garden quilt, I thought I wanted something to take it's place.  They are cute little baskets, all different with a variety of flowers.   The pattern sat there, as I got distracted with other hand work, but it did not turn out to be a waste.


Instead of me, my daughter decided she wanted to do them.  She loves to sit while watching reruns and do some hand work.  I think it also helps with reducing the stress of university.

This is her first finished block.  This is block two out of a total of twenty blocks.

 
At the time when I bought the pattern, my mother bought one too.  My mom started shortly after we got the pattern and has finished all the baskets already.  Now she is in the process of putting the quilt together.  She has all the full blocks done, but not yet put together.  She is pondering the borders and is thinking of going more scrappy with hers.

My daughter is thinking of a different layout altogether.  It will be interesting to see both quilts completed.  There is a long way to go, but when done, I will do a comparison post.  I like seeing the variety and different spins people put on a pattern to make it there own.

No comments:

Post a Comment