Saturday 7 January 2017

Productive cutting day

I feel good for everything that was accomplished today.  I am in my happy place, relaxing with the music on, reading what other quilter's are up to on my groups in Facebook, while in my quilting room.  I cannot say enough, for having the majority of the day to spend in my quilting room, catching up and getting things done.

First thing I wanted to finish was cutting up the parts for my Canadian Northwind quilt.  Over the past few days, between other things, I managed to cut up all the red pieces (1008 pieces in total).  Today, I ironed and cut up all the white pieces ( another 1008 pieces for a grand total of 2016 various scrappy red and white HSTs).  The container is all organized and packed ready to go.  Waiting for some available time so that I can start sewing them.


As I was still in a productive mood I started cutting and finished cutting, all the blocks for the purple and blue blocks quilt.

These were given to me as a top only.  This was someone else's UFO (UnFinished Object), given to me to finish.  It will be a charity quilt.  The problem was that the quilt was wavy and did not lay flat.  The blocks were not all cut the same size, nor were they sewn with a consistent seam.  So...I started by taking the top apart.   As the fabric is not cotton I took the time to iron and starch every piece before I started trimming them down to size.


These are also now finished and ready to go.  At least, this purple and blue blocks quilt is a quilt on my list of 12 to be completed this year.  So, I am feeling good that I have started in on this one.

Today actually started at 12:00 midnight, so technically I also have a finish to report for today.  Though, I still consider it to be yesturday, as it was done just after 1:00 am this morning, which I consider to be late last night.  But I will share that finish with you when I can get more clear pictures.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment