Monday 9 January 2017

Finished quilting my Spider web quilt

I have a spider on my quilt!!!  It's a spider on my spider web quilt.  OK, ok, soooooo.....I have a weird sense of humor.  But that is what makes life interesting.  It certainly keeps everyone on their toes!  It's a cute spider too, as it has a curly queue thingy on its back.


This is my spider web quilt.  I started this quilt back in Nov/2013.  I finished the top in 2014.  It doesn't take me long to make a quilt, if I want to get it done, however getting around to quilting it is another story.  I put it down to being busy quilting for others, that when I am done theirs, I am more in the mood to do piecing.


However, this year is going to be different!!!  Now that I have my longarm, I plan on finishing my quilts faster, so that I can enjoy using them.

This close up is a better representation of the colours.  I used a lot of bright and cheerful fabrics for the spider webs and they are emphasized further by using the deep moss green to surround them.  I really like the mood of this green and my current favourite colour, a cross between deep violet, magenta, red wine, with a touch of purple.


Here is a picture of the backing, where you can see the quilting better.  The design is an edge to edge design from Urban Elementz.  For this quilt I used 100% cotton batting, but I am thinking that I like the little bit of puff that you get from the 80/20 Hobbs a bit better.  To late now, but I think I am a convert.  The 80/20 also gives the quilt a little more flow/drape and is a bit lighter weight. The thread I used was Glide, Prickly Pear on the top and Mango on the bottom.


This is already my second finish of this new year.  I am looking forward to a very productive year this year and I am off to a great start.  Tomorrow I will share with you my third finish of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment