Monday 16 January 2017

Finished quilting the shadow quilt

This is called a shadow quilt.  The strips where given to me by a friend that no longer wanted them.  The strips were sew in groups of five for the whole width of the fabric.  I went and bought some black to go with this.  I cut the half square triangles along the length of the strips and attached them to the black half to make the squares.

This pattern can be laid out in many ways.  I just decided to do it the traditional way.


This is a charity quilt that I will give to my guild at the end of the month.  I tried my hand at doing a pantograph by hand instead of computer.  It turned out good.  I can see some wobbles, but when you look at it as a whole, they are not so noticeable.

I still find it easier to do free motion designs with loops or stippling than I do following someone else's pattern, but that is what practice is for.  I have to get my brain and hand coordinated where my hands and arms go through the motions enough times that it gets saved to memory in my brain.  I think I also need to relax a little bit more too.  That sometimes helps make things smoother.


Here is a close up of the quilting.  The quilt just needs the binding now.  I have it already sewn on by machine and waiting for some time to finish it by hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment