Sunday 22 January 2017

Finished quilting my Spools quilt

I finished the first quilt from my top 12 priority list.  That is one for January.  Eleven more months and eleven more quilts to do.  It may be touch and go, about getting them all done, as some of these quilts still have a lot to be done on them.  I am up for it!

This is my spools quilt.  I really enjoyed making this quilt, with all the variety of fabrics in there.  This quilt I am keeping for myself, for now.  I can't bare to part with it.  It is so cheerful!


I really like how the quilting turned out.  This was quilted on my longarm using a pantograph from Urban Elementz by Tracey Russell and Patricia Ritter called Pergola.  The design has a soft and feminine feel to it.

On the back you can see the texture better, especially because the backing is a soft grey.  The picture almost looks like a black and white photo, but it's not.  That is the backing colour.


I am chugging along....slow, but steady.  Today I had to finish the binding to this quilt, as I am taking it along to the guild meeting tomorrow.  I've been working on something else today too, but that will be for another post.

So here is my progress on my top 12 list for 2017.  

1. Quilting-Lise's Dresden plate quilt (commissioned)....
2. Quilting-Sabryna's yellow nine patch quilt (family)....next in line to get quilted
4. Main work-Mel's romance & roses quilt (family)....
5. Handwork-Reconstructed Dresden plate quilt (my own)....9 full blocks left to appliqué
6. Paper pieces-Xmas pineapple blossom quilt (my own)....
7. Handwork-Mini pumpkin wall hanging (my own)....
8. Leader/ender-Bonnie's mystery quilt (my own)....started sewing on this one
9. Main work-Purple star quilt (my own)....started sewing the blocks together
10. Main work-Grey, black & bright quilt (charity)....
11. Main work-Log cabin quilt from Sharon (charity).... 
12. Main work-Purple & blue squares quilt from Carol (charity)....started sewing rows together

Total number of quilts completed - 1
Total number of quilts left to be completed - 11

Completed quilts:
3. Spools quilt (my own)

No comments:

Post a Comment