Thursday 26 January 2017

A bit of this and a bit of that

Right now it seems as though I have no real direction.  I have been doing a bit of this and a bit of that. I'm still making progress, but it's scattered.

Though my purple stars quilt is my main work, I haven't worked on it for a while.  I did manage to get the sashing attached to all the completed blocks.  I have a total of six out of thirty completed.


I got distracted by a pretty pile of purple and blue blocks.  Today I did get the top done.  This one is going to be a simple, small baby quilt.  I have a quilting design I want to practice that uses squares.  The backing fabric is already picked out and both top and backing are waiting in line to be quilted.


While I was cleaning up a bit in my quilting room, I went and got myself into some more trouble, with another distraction.  

I pulled out the pretty and bright log cabin blocks that my friend Carol given me to finish.  In the past few days I have been seeing all sorts of inspiration both at the quilt guild meeting and on Pinterest.


I've decided to assemble these blocks in a reversable quilt fashion.  Plus, I am going to set the blocks on a diagonal with the dark sides together and the light sides together to create columns going up and down the quilt.  I am going to use one fabric that contains many of these colours to make a border of sorts, with half squares triangles.

So far, I already have eight blocks quilted!  It's all in my head right now, but I am hopping that the end results will be just an nice when the quilt is done.  You'll have to let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment