Wednesday 12 October 2022

Summertime Sampler block

Recently, during my vacations, the last week of September, I had the urge to work on my wool wall hanging.  I only had the one block and the borders left to do.  The one block only had the embroidery stitches to be done and it still sat there waiting.  Well, one morning I sat down to work on it.  I did the remaining embroidery and the French knots.  When I was done, it felt good. I was so motivated that I thought I would continue, and start putting the blocks together.  However, that is when I noted that I didn't finish all the details on all the blocks.  I still had to do the beads for the eyes and door handles, French knots for the flower centres and some other small details.  So I told myself that I may as well just get them done....so I did.  

All of my blocks were all done by just after lunch time.  I was so in the zone that I didn't want to stop.  I convinced myself that is was my vacation and I deserved a break to do what I enjoyed and wanted to do.  Not like I really needed an excuse, but sometimes when there are a lot of things to do, I put off having fun doing my own things.  Bad habit, I know, but that is how it is at times.  

I have the centre done now and waiting for the borders, but I will hold off on showing you the pictures of that until a later date, as I realized that I still had three block from before that I did and never shared them yet.....so.....back in time to Jan 30/2020:

This is the blue birds and watermelon block.  One of my favourites from this pattern.  Back in 2020, I finished the block, except for the bead eyes for each of the birds.  As of now this is completely finishes.


Interesting facts from this same time period back in Jan/2020:  This is when I started making the mini log cabin blocks, measuring 3" finished.  I ran a workshop for the HHQG and in renos, since we decided to move back in Oct/2019, I am still moving bulky furniture to my mom's place, painting bedrooms and the upstairs bathroom, while still doing drop offs and pickups for customers in Halton Hills and Brampton, plus working my full time day job.  Life was pretty hectic at that time....it seems to be the theme of my life...lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment