Monday 17 October 2022

Marion's chain quilt (QW)

Today during my breaks, I sorted and ironed some of my fabric that will be a quilt I am starting at a quilt retreat.  I washed the fabric on Sunday while I was quilting (between rows).  I bought this bundle of what I thought were fat quarters, but what they turned out to be was half of a fat quarter.  Let me tell you that when I examined the pattern that I had planned for the bundle, I started to worry.  So today, I took a piece and cut out one of the star blocks to check things out....I only had just enough with a small 2" x 6 1/2" piece left over.  Noting like cutting it close....whewww!!

So now I have 12 more star block parts to cut out, for the first block and all the pieces to cut for the alternating second block.  I want to get that done before I head out to the retreat.  I am also taking a couple of already started quilts too, just in case I have time.  When we go to retreat it is peddle to the metal and sew, sew, sew in between chit chat, laughs, eating, late nights and early mornings.

Let me take you back to Feb 23/2020:
This is Marion's chain quilt.  This was a kit she picked up.  It is gorgeous!!  I really love the colours of this quilt.  One day I would like to see if I can make one from my stash.


This is one of the blocks, close up, so that I can try and figure out the math and the repeats.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment