Sunday 16 October 2022

Productive day, but not much to share

Today I caught up on quilting for customers.  Still have to trim them, but the most time consuming part is done.  I also got the two Quilt of Valour quilts that I had quilted.  So now I am caught up with customer quilts and need to get started on the 26 quilt tops for Quilts for Survivors that I volunteered to quilt.  I will jump back into customer quilts once I am back from a quilting retreat with my mom.

Quilting all day, add in lunch around 1:00 pm, later a tea break at 4:30 pm, after that getting started on dinner, and my whole day is done.  It is amazing how time flies by.  I don't have any pictures of what I did today, as I still need to trim everything.  

So, back in time to Feb 8/2020:

Here is a simple quilt using a very muted floral fabric with a soft green and cream double sashing.  The customer wanted a more elaborate pantograph on this one, as she was not happy with how plain she felt it was.  I thought it was a nice feminine fabric, but she prefers more colour.  In any case, the client actually prefers the back side of it, which was a white on white fabric (ie no colour), because it looks like a whole clothe quilt, where the quilting takes centre stage.


Interesting facts: This same time, back on Feb 8/2020, on the home front, this is when I started moving my fabric stash and large furniture out of the sewing room to paint and eventually install the hardwood floors.  I was really moving along with getting the house ready to be listed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment