Tuesday 11 October 2022

2022 Acton Fall Fair pictures #2

Well, I am back, from our annual family reunion.  I had a very nice time, as usual, visiting family that we don't see often.  It was a time out, from the usual everyday hustle and bustle of life.  Some family from Halifax, NS, Vancouver, BC or  Winnipeg, MB and the rest in various areas of ON.  I am extremally grateful for the time that we spend together and the sense of cohesion that exist with the family, even when we don't see each other regularly.  When we get together, it is as if we have not been apart.  The comradery and laughter is priceless.

I am hoping that everyone had a great long weekend, however you chose to spend it.

In this post, I am wanting to share the next series of photos from the Acton Fall Fair.  This is a continuation of my last post.  This first picture is for an unfinished quilt top category.  I have this top that is waiting to be quilted.  It is my Tiny Town quilt/top.  I started this one back in, I think, 2014.  It won 1st place at the fair in this category.


I also won a 1st prize ribbon for this quilt, that I call Amity.  This is a quilt that I made specifically for Quilts for Survivors.  I designed this quilt based on a quilt that I saw from Jordan Fabrics.  The quilt size and orientation, plus size of the fabrics cut are different, as well as the repeat.  I showed this quilt in an earlier post, so if you want further details, you can check it out.


This quilt won 2nd prize in the category of Other, not listed in any other category.  This was my NICU quilt.  These 4 blocks were leftovers from making the Bonnie Hunter 2021 Winter mystery quilt.


The last one for this post is my Spools quilt.  This one was really fun to make with numerous fabrics used to make the spools and no repeats.  This quilt also won 1st place in the category that it was entered.  I would have to say that this is definitely one of my favorites.  Each block is only 3" finished and they were made as leader/enders, while making other quilts.  Part of the reason, this one is so special, is because it was made up of fabrics that were also contributed by family and friends.  When they found out that I was making this quilt and was doing it with no repeats, they sent me fabric from their own scrapes, that they had, to add the variety.  I don't think I would ever be able to give this one away.  It was so much fun to make and gives me fond memories, of all the people who contributed to the making of this quilt. 

There will be another post with the next set of pictures from the Acton Fall Fair, so stay tuned for that one.  As there is not much time left of today, I will wish you instead a very pleasant day tomorrow.

Don't forget to take some time for yourself.  As the phrase goes, take some time to stop and smell the roses, for we are entering into the fall season where most of the flowers have been spent and all the brilliant colours of the fall leaves emerge.  I love this season of cooler weather (not so much the allergy part, but....). 

No comments:

Post a Comment