Saturday 17 September 2022

Sandi's Amongst the stars quilt

Last weekend one of my customers came to pick up this lovely quilt.  This quilt pattern is called Oh, my stars. It was a class offered through The Hobby Horse quilt shop in Georgetown.  Sandi made this for her daughter, who requested an all grey/black quilt.  I think she did a great job.  I believe that the black border was part of her own design.  I think it sets it off nicely and turned out great.  This is essentially a grey quilt with just a touch of smoky blue to give it a bit of interest and stop it form looking flat.  Like I said, it's lovely.


Here is a close up of a corner showing a few stars and some of the border.  There is a fair amount of negative space as well, where the quilting shows up nicely.  Sandi chose to have this quilt quilted with Whisper, a pretty pattern from Urban Elementz.  


Back in time to Oct 23/2019:  
I was practicing my free motion quilting on this small NICU quilt.  The centre of the quilt was a printed fabric that had all these stripes. No piecing required.  In the dark navy blue stripe there, it has small flowers in red and yellow and it measured only about 1/2", so I just quilted a line on each side to anchor it down.  On the other rows, I practiced doing some ribbon candy quilting.  It is a simple design, but cute.  For the navy border I did a swirl marching around the edges.  If you enlarge the picture you can see the details a bit better.  


Interesting facts:  Also happening at this time back in Oct 23/2019 - This was about the time that we decided we were going to move closer to my mom's place here in Acton and wow, what a ride it has been from this date until now!!

Today, we are going to the 109th Acton Fall Fair.  We're going to check out what is happening.  The fair started yesturday and runs until Sunday.  They are having all sorts of events throughout the weekend.  There is something for everyone.  My daughter and her boyfriend, with some friends, are going for the rides, or should I say her boyfriend is....lol.  She will likely keep her feet firmly planted on the ground.  My husband is just going to see what there is there, and my mother and I are going inside to check out all the quilts, crafts and baked goods.  

If you are looking for something to do this weekend, come check it out.  It looks like it is going to be a great day out there, weather wise.  Enjoy it while you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment