Saturday 24 September 2022

Daybreak workshop quilts

I held a zoom workshop for the Halton Hills Quilters Guild back in May/2020.  The pattern that we did was Daybreak by Cozy Quilt Designs.  I ordered the patterns well in advance, which was good, because due to covid, everything was delayed.  I was hand delivering (from my hand to the individual mailboxes) all the patterns just days before the actual workshop.

This first picture was my sample that I did, at the in person workshop, that we had in October the previous year.  We had many in attendance, and when they saw me making this one, they were all excited and ready to sign up on the spot....lol.....talk about advertising......lol.  They also saw how quick it was going.  This is a baby size quilt.  At this point in time, my own sewing room and fabrics were mostly packed up, so I went to my mom's place to raid some of her stash.


This next picture is a lap size quilt made by Susan P, one of the workshop participants. I think this was made with a line of fabric called Jack and Jill, but I am not quite sure.  In her version, the red stars are taking front and centre stage, instead of the larger star.  This would be due to changing the placement of the blocks.  Either way looks great.  Love how different it looks in different fabrics.


We also have another baby size quilt made by Teresa.  Teresa made this one for a baby on the way.


This next one was my version.  The top picture was the sample, but during the workshop I had to make some blocks to show people what to do, so I decided to buy a jelly roll of colours and one of soft white.  This is the throw size quilt.  This is the first quilt in all of the years that I have been quilting, that I made with just the one line of fabric.  I find that fact shocking.  I have been quilting for at least 18 yrs by the time I was making this (2yrs ago), now two years later in Apr/2022, I finally finish it.  This quilt was so delayed due to renovations and moving.


Do you see how different each of them are?  I know there were some more pictures from others, but at the moment I cannot find them.  Will share them when I come across them.  The colour combinations and possibilities are endless.  This is a nice pattern to make and the instructions are good.  I do think that sometime down the road, I may make this one again.

Enjoy your sunny Saturday everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment