Wednesday 14 September 2022

Entering quilts into the 109th Acton Fall Fair and a QOV quilt

Today my mom called me during lunch time, to ask me to go with her, after work, to enter her quilts into the 109th Acton Fall Fair.  My mom has lived here in Acton for 6yrs now, and this was her first time entering anything into the fair.  Registration opened at 7pm and there was a line up just after they opened. I was surprised.  

She entered a quilt and a wall hanging into the show.  We were having a nice chat with the lady that was in charge of taking in the quilts.  Due to covid they didn't have a show last year.  This year there are not too many entries so far.  I told her maybe next year.  I didn't have much time this year to see about entering.  When she found out I had quilts, she really encouraged me to bring them.  She said that you have tomorrow too to bring them in.  She sounded desperate for quilts.

So on my way home, I thought about it...didn't take me long...I decided to go for it.  I looked over the fair book, and filled out the entry form.  I took stock of what I had and what categories I could enter.  From large quilts to small ones, and wall hangings.  All tole, I entered eight.  How crazy is that!  We went back to my mom's place and we gathered up two more of hers to entre.

The lady taking in the quilts was happy to see us again.  She had a big smile on her face.  She asked me if I quilted my own quilts (a requirement for the show) and I replied yes, as I have a longarm.  She said she was looking for someone to quilt one of her quilts, so I gave her my card and told her she could check out the quilt that I just entered for my workmanship. She laughed and said she has already been admiring them....lol.  My quilts turned out to be my calling card or advertisement.  That's cool.

Since I don't have anything I've been working on today, I will leave you with this Quilt of Valour (QOV) that I quilted.  Back to time to Oct 1st/2019:

A red and white log cabin quilt.  These blocks have become a standard block for QOV, though they accept any design of quilt.  Someone made the blocks, someone else assembled the top, and I quilted it with maple leaves.  Pretty quilt.

Have a great night everyone and wish me luck at the fair!!

No comments:

Post a Comment