Tuesday 20 September 2022

Amity quilt for Quilts for Survivors

I wanted to share this quilt with everyone.  I call this quilt Amity (meaning a friendly relationship).  This is a quilt that I designed and made for Quilts for Survivors.  The inspiration came from a Jordan Fabric pattern called Line Dance Version 2 (shown in the second photo).  Their version is jelly roll friendly and has more piecing.  Mine is larger pieces to help make the assembly quicker.  I adjusted the sizes of the pieces, the number of rows, the orientation and the size of the quilt, to meet with the requirements of Venessa, the coordinator/founder of Quilts for Survivors.


I will be making a pattern to offer free to anyone who would like to make this version for yourself or for the cause.  The pattern will be free.  I just ask that if you can, to contribute to the cause.  Vanessa is collecting 16 1/2" blocks, tops, finished quilts and of course money to get quilts out to the survivors and anyone affected/suffering due to what happened from the residential schools.  

With True & Reconciliation day coming on Sept 30th, I thought this would be a good way for me to support the cause and get the word out.  I hope you enjoy it.

Following picture is the first page of the pattern by Jordan Fabrics.  This pattern is free directly from their online site.  Just google Jordan Fabrics and you will see the link.  This will also take you to all their free patterns. They have many, so go see and enjoy all they have to offer.



No comments:

Post a Comment