Tuesday 13 September 2022

First meeting of the year for Erin Village Quilters group yesturday and my house/village quilt

As it was the first meeting of the year for Erin Village Quilters group yesturday, I didn't get a chance to do much outside of working.  I had to account for 30 minutes of commute to get there, as I didn't know for sure where it was.  This is the second year I have been a member, but due to covid, last year it was on zoom.  

It was nice to meet the members there.  I already knew a hand full of the ladies, as they also belong to the Halton Hills Quilter's Guild.  This meeting was hosted by Kay Hannah.  It was a meeting to bring back the completed kits, that the ladies would have received from Kay Hannah during games or through purchase at the June meeting, also hosted by her, that was held at her home the year before.  There were a lot of finished items and many flimsies too.  Very inspiring!!

As for me, on Saturday between taking in quilts and quilt pick ups, I was sewing some on my houses.  I made all the trees, some more houses and got to get a few complete rows done too.  It felt good to work on some of my own stuff.  Take a look below.  Do you see the fussy cut animals....lol.  Can you tell I had fun cutting these out...lol.


I even have a circus fabric that I was able to cut out a clown...lol!!  Love that one!


This is one of the ten quilts I am trying to get done before I start on any new quilts.  Well...I did well on my goal.  I wanted to not start any quilts in August, until I had more quilts done.  I only started the one, and that was for a special situation, so I gave myself some slack on that one.  For September, so far, I have only started one, and this one too is for a special situation.  Both I will share with you at another time, as the reveal has not taken place yet.

So far I have six of the ten done, so that is something....hurray!!!  I am still insistent that I want to finish the ten before I start any new quilts.  I have borders to put on three of the quilts, and this one to piece, before I can quilt them all and call them done.  Not bad.  Just need to find the time to do it.

Have a great evening everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment