Saturday 10 September 2022

Progress on my handwork Hexagon quilt Sept 1-3/2019 Appliqué block

My computer issues seem to be fixed for the past week or so.  I've just found it hard to find the time to write up any posts.  In this past week and a half, on top of working my full time job, I've finished doing the tiling for the main bathroom, just have the caulking to do.  I've installed the subfloor to the stair landing and tiled that too.  Sent my son off to his 2nd year of university and held the first HHQG executive meeting of this calendar year.  Between all of that, I still quilted for customers and arranged for drop offs or pickups.  So, to say the least, it has been kind of crazy around here.  Thank goodness I had some help from my family, when they could.

Today is going to be another busy one, but I am taking a few minutes to write up this post, while having my tea.  I'm hoping things will start settling down around here, so that I can get back into writing posts more regularly.  If it continues at this crazy speed, I may only get the weekends to post.....we'll see.

In all this craziness, the one thing that I have not given up, is my handwork time with my morning tea, just before I have to start work.  That half hour or so is about the only thing that helps me find my center and keep going.  I call it my little bit of sanity time...lol.  This left hand side section below, that gets attached to the bottom border, is where I am at as of Aug 16th.  Slow but steady.  I have additional bits and pieces made up since, but I will wait until I have a complete diagonal row to attach before pulling this out again.  I really am still enjoying these little bits of fabrics and making these hexagons.


Back in time to Sept 3/2019 (3yrs ago):

At around this time in 2019, I finished up one of my appliqué blocks, which is part of my version of the Baltimore Album quilt.  This is one of 20 blocks that I am making for this quilt.  This handwork is on hold at the moment.  Though I know it, but didn't want to admit it, I can only do one handwork at a time, beings that I only have two hands.....lol.  I currently have 4 handwork projects going at the moment and I am only coming to realize now that I can only do one at a time...go figure...lol.  I just want to do it all.

You may not be able to see it in the picture below, so I will point out that the buds in the block are pleated fabric for a 3D bud.  The entire bud is probable about 1 1/2" in size.


I sometimes feel like taking this one out again to work on, but shortly after I reason with myself that I already have handwork that I am doing, so I put those thoughts away for a bit longer.  Soon....

Now I need to go get my day started.  Sending out wishes to everyone that they have a great weekend and soak up what may be the last of the summer sun.  Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment