Sunday 2 September 2018

Progress on the beige swirly HST quilt

There was some progress made on the beige swirly HST quilt.  I've been assembling the blocks in the web format and to make it easier for me, I did this in quarters.  So, here are three quarters completed.  It's a little dark for my taste, but I am sure some male would like it. 


My daughter has also been making progress on my side garden.  In the last pictures I showed you, she was in the process of getting rid of all the blocks, bricks and stones that have been stored along the wall for a while.  By this time, a couple of weeks ago, she has only the large blocks to do and now she has removed all the grass and placed all the path stones.


By the time I am posting this, today, all the blocks are gone, the path stones have been rearranged and my daughter dug out seven of the larger holes to plant the bushes.  This garden is really coming together.


As of last week I did finish this beige swirly HST quilt.  I added a thin red border and followed it with the same beige background for the last border.  This quilt will be a donation to the guild for distribution to one of the nursing homes or possibly someone else in need.

So......in closing, this post may seem to span a long period of time, and it does.  I've been busy with so many things lately that I am at least trying to put like things together, instead of this that and the other at all different times.  That is really how I have been working.  My pictures look like a jumbled up mess.  One topic here, and a few more topics, followed by more topics from the first batch.

I do what I can when time permits, between work and commitments.  That really is the story of my life, and I am ok with that, it keeps life interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment