Friday 7 September 2018

Family reunion at the cottage

A couple of weekends ago, we had our yearly family reunion.  This year my grandkids were down from Moncton, NB.  So exiting!  We haven't seen them since 2 yrs ago.  Oh my!  How fast they have grown. 


Above is my granddaughter and below is the unphotogenic grandson.  He prefers not taking pictures, but that's ok, you can get a glimpse of him anyways.


As this is a quilting blog I will keep it minimal about the reunion, other than to say everyone enjoyed themselves.  The place is so peaceful and the kids big and small enjoyed the water and all the other activities they did.  Some of the cousins only see each other this one time during the year, but you'd never know it, as they get allow great and seem to just pick up where they left off.  I am sure it has a bit to do with social media, that keeps them informed of what each other is doing.

I am thankful for this time to see everyone.  Until next year.....

On the way up to the cottage, hubby drove, so I got to do some hexies.  I got some of a diamond done and finished it off while the bigger kids got into a three hour game of Risk (this was before the grandkids arrived).  It's not much, but it was enough to give me the itch to bring this quilt out again and do it more than just as a grab 'n go.  We will see how long I can hold out for.


Later that week, I worked on the NICU hearts quilt.  The top is done.  I even started working on the second hearts quilt, though this next one will be bigger.


So, now the kids are back in school vacations are over, time to get back into routines.  Not that I have many, but things did seem to run smoother when everyone had there tasks to do.  Adults dig into work, kids get down to homework and pets feeling more relaxed knowing the routine of regular times for walks, being fed and general activities. 

I will also be starting up the guild meetings in Halton and the longarm group in Oshawa.  I am looking forward to seeing everything everyone has been up to, during the summer break.

No comments:

Post a Comment