Monday 10 September 2018

September's American Patchwork & Quilting UFO Challenge

September's American Patchwork & Quilting UFO Challenge number is 2.  Number 2 is my Drunkards path quilt.  Pattern also known as Old Maids Puzzle, amongst other names.

This is going to be my light weight summer quilt.  The colours in the picture appear a bit darker than in person.  The day was a bit dreary, so the lack of sunlight made a difference.   The colours I've chosen are light almost pastel colours with about 1/3 heading toward a darker medium.


I started the month with two blocks done.  I did them as samples.  Through these samples I realized that the colours need to have enough contrast with the cream that I am using to make the chain pattern show up.  So sometime before I assemble the rows, I'll need to remove three of the pieces within these two blocks.

By this point, I now have seven blocks done.  All the units are done and organized.  Below I have them all sorted in block piles and the piles are sorted in position order.  All but two from the top row are done.  Not to confuse anyone, the picture below is sideways, so the top row is the left hand column.


I've really been waiting patiently for this number to come up.  I am so excited that it is here.  I wanted to work on this one for a little while and thought it would never come up.

This weekend I didn't get a chance to work on this, but I am so excited to see this quilt done, that I don't think I will have a problem finishing the top at least.  That's if I can find fabric for the borders.

Is there anyone else working on the American Patchwork & Quilting UFO Challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment