Saturday 22 September 2018

Finished the last red hearts quilt

Here are the last of the red heart blocks that were given to me by a friend.  She made a total of 20 of them and in the end changed her mind about the quilt she was going to make.  I figure she gave them to me knowing that I do charity quilts.

This is the last quilt of three that I made out of the blocks.  The first two were small NICU quilts.  This quilt is larger at 45" square, a good size for a cuddle quilt.


I took this picture while I was working on the blocks, a long time ago and thought I would have posted about it a lot earlier than now.   Since this picture, I've finished the top, as you see below.


I am a bit behind on my posts, but eventually I will catch up.  I don't always get a chance to do quilting each day, but when I do I take pictures.  You may find some of them posted out of order, but they will be posted.  For me posting is my sort of quilting diary, where I keep track of what I've been up to.  I like sometimes going back and checking things out. Sometimes I get motivated and spurred on to finishing more of my UFOs.

So, since the above picture, which was taken a while ago, I've even quilted the quilt and binded it too!  Label is on as well and it is ready to be delivered to Project Linus for distribution.


I quilted the above quilt using an edge to edge pantograph called Be Mine, that I purchased from Urban Elementz.  It has hearts in the shape of flowers with leaves and ribbon swirls.  It's very pretty.

Below is the last NICU quilt that I did, that didn't make the previous post, when I spoke about finishing it, as I hadn't finished the quilting yet.  This one is also quilted with an edge to edge pantograph.  I chose to quilt this quilt using the Painted Daisies design.


Enjoy this lovely morning and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment