Friday 28 September 2018

Getting a head start on one of the challenge quilts

As I finished the September's American, Patchwork & Quilting UFO challenge quilt. I figured I'd get a head start on another quilt on that list.  I am not sure what the next quilt will be.  It's out of three quilts (October, November & December).  Out of the three, this quilt is the one that has the most work to be done.  I've cut out all the pieces, sorted out the fabrics for the 350 nine-patches and the 70 half square triangle units.  I also wanted to see what the blocks would look like, so I made one up.  It looks good.  At least I think so.


This quilt is special.  This is a quilt using up shirting fabrics from the men in my life.  Everyone contributing their shirts as they finish with them.  My husband, my brother, my nephew, my sister-law's brother-in-law, I also have a few female shirts from my sister's mother-in-law.  Some even came from friends that knew I was collections shirts.


These are all the sorted units.  A lot to sew up.  I'll do what I can until the next quilt number is called. I'm kind of hoping this is the next number called, though I also look forward to the other two quilts too.

Pattern for this quilt is one of Bonnie Hunter's from her book Scraps & Shirttails II called Tumalo Trail.  

No comments:

Post a Comment